Mason’s Office of Technology Transfer is located on the Fairfax Campus in Suite 201, James Buchanan Hall. We are open Monday through Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 5 p.m.
What we do
The Office of Technology Transfer (OTT) builds partnerships between Mason researchers and industry partners and entrepreneurs to bring new technology to the marketplace. We promote the culture of innovation and entrepreneurship at the university.
Our team of licensing professionals and administrators will work with you to ensure that every discovery and piece of technology reaches the pinnacle of success by giving researchers, inventors, and creators the support they need to make that happen.
OTT helps with:
- Filing patent/trademark or copyright documents to protect intellectual property (IP).
- Managing researchers’ IP portfolios.
- Negotiating partnerships and licensing agreements to bring new technology to the marketplace.
- Providing assistance and guidance to entrepreneurial faculty, staff and students in the creation of start-up companies.
- Complying with federal regulations and IP sponsor reporting requirements.